With the increasing forgery cases, identity verification via one means or the other has become quite crucial. Therefore, the government and industry regulations make sure that the businesses carry out proper identity authentication of their customers to avoid any kind of identity theft. Vehicles are issued a Registration Certificate (RC) which holds the basic information about the owner and the vehicle itself. Before trusting an individual, we need to check the identity of any individual which can be easily done by Registration Certificate Check. This can be done by authenticating the basic information provided on the RC ensuring that the vehicle is registered with the Regional Transport Office (RTO) authorities and legalizes the owner.
- As per Motor Vehicles (MV) Act 1988, it is mandatory to have a valid RC to be able to drive a motor vehicle on Indian roads.
- It is an official document stating that your motor vehicle is registered with the Indian Government and legalizes the vehicle owner’s identity.
- A Vehicle Registration Certificate is valid for 15 years from the date of issue and can be renewed for a period of 5 years after expiry.
- A temporary Registration Certificate is valid only for one month and cannot be renewed.
AadhaarAPI provides instant vehicle RC(Registration Certificate) verification services using advanced APIs and provides validated complete RC details in Response which includes:
- RC Number
- Name of the owner
- Registration Date
- Model of the vehicle
- Maker of the vehicle
- Other details like chassis number, engine number, vehicle class, type etc.
The main purpose of the Vehicle Registration Certificate is to establish a link between the vehicle and its owner
RC also aids in taxation and crime detection by checking the registration of vehicle and identity validation of its owner.
Granting access of parking facilities to the vehicles with verified registration certificates(RC)
- Make an API call by passing vehicle registration number in body.
- Receive the complete RC details about the vehicle in response.
- The main purpose of the Vehicle Registration Certificate is to establish a link between the vehicle and its owner.
- RC also helps in taxation and crime detection by checking the registration of vehicle and identity validation of its owner.
- Some Organizations have parking facilities only for the vehicles having registration certificates with them.