According to one of the Environmental Protection Agency, the average office worker uses 10,000 sheets of copy paper each year. 45% of paper printed in offices ends up trashed by the end of the day. In this digital era, consumption of natural resources should be regulated to minimum usage. And now, through Aadhaar and CCA technology infrastructure, this is possible through e-Sign.
A simple, secure and an efficient way for service delivery applications to facilitate a user to digitally sign a document via easy SDK/ gateway platform.
e-Sign facilitates electronically signing a document by an Aadhaar holder. Aadhaar ID is mandatory for availing this service. Electronic Signature is created using authentication of the consumer through Aadhaar e-KYC service.
e-Sign is an integrated service that facilitates issuing a Digital Signature Certificate and performing Signing of requested data by authenticating Aadhaar holder.
Save cost, resources and time: e-Sign provides paperless authorization of documents and facilitate signing without using physical cryptographic token.
Improve user convenience: There is no printing of papers required. Users can remotely review their documents and complete digital signing.
Easily apply digital signature: The simple process of completing e-KYC from customer’s end is required.
Verifiable Signatures and signatory]: Through the factors of authentication, the digital signature complies with the required laws in the IT Act, 2000.
Managed by licensed CCA: Controller of Certifying Authorities are appointed and monitored by government departments providing absolute corporate governance.
There are many significant uses of e-Sign in today’s corporate world:
- Any corporate deal between two entities could use e-Sign for digitally signing the agreements without the requirement to print the hard copies of these files.
- In the banking sector, documents requiring signatures of customers could be accepted using e-Sign for providing financial services.
- In hospitals, to approve claims against medical bills.
- Rental agreements can be approved with e-Sign
- Real estate documents could be processed using e-Sign.
- Telephone and internet service providers can on-board customers remotely by providing them with the service to digitally sign the on-boarding documents.
Document to be signed is uploaded by the organization at AadhaarAPI platform.
Aadhaar holder will review the document before signing.
Enter the aadhaar number or VID.
Selects the mode of authentication.
OTP: One Time Password will be sent to the resident’s Aadhaar registered mobile number.
Fingerprint:Verify the resident through the fingerprint scan.
Iris: Verify the resident through Iris scan.
Certificate for the digital signature is issued by CCA, after successful authentication
Digitally signed document is sent to the organization and user.
The whole process is completed within 4-5 minutes depending on the user’s internet connectivity